A Poem Your Kids Will Like
I’m not sure what made me think of it, but as I was trying to think of a quick post for tonight, I remembered this poem by Shel Silverstein. This is one of my favorites. My kids always liked it. I hope yours will, too.
Smart by Shel Silverstein
My dad gave me one dollar bill’Cause I’m his smartest son,And I swapped it for two shiny quarters’Cause two is more then one!
And five is more than four!And then I took the quartersAnd traded them to LouFor three dimes– I guess he didn’t knowThat three is more than two!Just then, along came old blind BatesAnd just ’cause he can’t seeHe gave me four nickels for my three dimes,And four is more than three!And I took the nickels to Hiram CoombsDown at the seed-feed store,And the fool gave me five pennies for them,And I went and showed my dad,And he got red in the cheeksAnd closed his eyes and shook his head–Too proud of me to speak!Image: posterize / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
About lifesdoorsmediationI am a mediator, Life and Divorce Coach and an Instructor of a High Conflict Divorce Program.
Hours & Info
Day, evening and weekend appointments available
- Trouble With a Parenting Coordinator? July 11, 2017
- Free E-Course: Parenting Time Expediter vs Parenting Consultant-What’s the Difference June 9, 2017
- Living Rent Free in Your Head September 4, 2015
- Uplifting Friday Spirit! July 17, 2015
- Mending Broken Relationships July 10, 2015
- highconflictu on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?
- Anonymous on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?
- Nanscileena bordone on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?