20 SIGNS YOU ARE IN AN ABUSIVE OR VIOLENT RELATIONSHIP
Her is another important post from Vincent Egoro. Many of my clients can use this kid of information!
photo credit: http://blush.com.pk/ Below are the characteristics of an abusive or violent person according to Sandra L. Brown M.A (psychotherapist, lecturer and consultant in the field of psychopathology)
1. Talks down on you, criticizes you, calls you names, or otherwise uses belittling language against you.
2. Refers to his or her previous partners in negative, demeaning ways
3. Attempts to control or dominate your life choices, small or large.
4. Tries to dictate your spiritual or religious beliefs
5. He or she is frequently irritable
6. Raises his or her voice, yells or screams, even when carrying on a normal conversation.
7. Yells and screams and seems “too worked up” when he or she gets into an argument with you.
8. Has a history of assaults against other people
9. Becomes violent or out of control when using drugs or alcohol
10. Punches walls or throws things when angry
View original post 171 more words
About lifesdoorsmediationI am a mediator, Life and Divorce Coach and an Instructor of a High Conflict Divorce Program.
Hours & Info
Day, evening and weekend appointments available
- Trouble With a Parenting Coordinator? July 11, 2017
- Free E-Course: Parenting Time Expediter vs Parenting Consultant-What’s the Difference June 9, 2017
- Living Rent Free in Your Head September 4, 2015
- Uplifting Friday Spirit! July 17, 2015
- Mending Broken Relationships July 10, 2015
- highconflictu on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?
- Anonymous on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?
- Nanscileena bordone on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?