I like to listen to music from simpler times. The arrangements offer much more than music of today. The arrangements contain a greater assortment of musical instruments, and the lyrics touch nerves because of the emotions involved in the depth of feeling in the song. Today’s music seems to contain lyrics of violence and anger, more than any other feelings. Songs from when I was growing up still contained reference to God and faith. You do not see that anymore. Today’s songs about relationships seethe with hate; Forgiveness is forgotten, love is less strong. If you go back and listen to songs from the sixties and seventies and then listen to something from this year, the contrast is stunning! I know that if I want to listen to music as a way to de-stress, I am less likely to find that in today’s music, but when i go back to songs from my youth, they bring peace. Enjoy this song from the Fifth Dimension, and see if you can relate to it in terms of being more emotionally expressive, and more peaceful and calming.
About lifesdoorsmediationI am a mediator, Life and Divorce Coach and an Instructor of a High Conflict Divorce Program.
Hours & Info
Day, evening and weekend appointments available
- Trouble With a Parenting Coordinator? July 11, 2017
- Free E-Course: Parenting Time Expediter vs Parenting Consultant-What’s the Difference June 9, 2017
- Living Rent Free in Your Head September 4, 2015
- Uplifting Friday Spirit! July 17, 2015
- Mending Broken Relationships July 10, 2015
- highconflictu on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?
- Anonymous on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?
- Nanscileena bordone on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?