Through the Looking Glass
Contemplating the nature of men and women I am forever being reminded that we exist almost as mirror reflections of each other. Sometimes talking to men is a bit like looking in a mirror and seeing myself, but completely reversed. It can be a little disorienting. I tend to have to translate things into man-speak and women-speak because words and phrases can have entirely different meanings depending on which gender is using them. It has to do with subjective and objective reality. Words can have multiple meanings and the intent of the person is important.
I joke about interspecies communication, not because I believe men aren’t human, but rather because clarity came to me one moment during my marriage when I had the thought, “sheesh, sometimes I don’t even think I’m married to the same species!” Bingo. It’s not that my husband was wrong, it’s that he and I were…
View original post 553 more words
About lifesdoorsmediationI am a mediator, Life and Divorce Coach and an Instructor of a High Conflict Divorce Program.
Hours & Info
Day, evening and weekend appointments available
- Trouble With a Parenting Coordinator? July 11, 2017
- Free E-Course: Parenting Time Expediter vs Parenting Consultant-What’s the Difference June 9, 2017
- Living Rent Free in Your Head September 4, 2015
- Uplifting Friday Spirit! July 17, 2015
- Mending Broken Relationships July 10, 2015
- highconflictu on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?
- Anonymous on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?
- Nanscileena bordone on Do You Recommend Your Parenting Consultant or PTE?